Sr. Demand Generation Manager
Cerego is looking for a motivated, analytical, and creative Demand Generation Manager to join our growing team! Cerego measures and improves how people learn. We’ve partnered with over 500+ partners, from leading publishers (including Cengage, Elsevier, McGraw-Hill) to 1000s of academic institutions, media agencies, corporate businesses, and the government. We’re currently in high-growth, expansion mode and looking to build out the marketing team. This is an exciting opportunity to be on the ground floor of creating this role and building the marketing function at Cerego. The position will report to the VP of Marketing.
You’re looking for something great, something meaningful, something different than your average startup marketing job. You know your skill sets, knowledge, and experience can be used to make a difference in this world. You want to work with a leading team that cares about making a viable impact with you. You’re a “big picture” thinker and an equally strong “doer” that is versatile with hands-on implementation. You have the analytical sense to ask the right questions, love data insights, and structure your thinking to find creative solutions to problems. You have the experience working for a great brand. You dream of a collaborative, positive environment with a culture that values your hard work, great attitude, humbleness, and input. You have a can-do attitude, intellectual curiosities, and a track record of driving results in a lean, fast-paced culture. If this is you, let’s talk!
- Build and analyze customer data, segmentation and inbound/outbound campaign effectiveness
- Optimize sales engagement funnels and retention loops
- Create and optimize marketing automation workflows including segmented nurture/drip programs, web pages and top-of-funnel lead generation programs
- Develop and deploy integrated marketing campaigns across a variety of digital channels including email, organic/web, SEO, paid social, PPC, SEM, and display
- Help prioritize assets, drive growth and ensure digital campaigns are in alignment with brand positioning and long-term goals
- Measure and analyze website effectiveness, including search traffic, conversion rates, SEO and optimization of web content
- Measure the success of our growth marketing strategy across all channels and regularly analyze and present the results
- Establish and maintain scalable processes that ensure best practices in campaign, lead management.
- Manage technical aspects of key marketing systems (marketing automation, CRM) used to generate, distribute, and report on leads.
- Generate monthly and quarterly reports reviewing the progress of digital marketing campaigns and key performance metrics.
- Improve the usability, design, content and conversion of the company website
- Evaluate new technologies and keep the company at the forefront of developments in marketing technology that delivers value
- Develop and share dashboards and reporting of site metrics that assist the organization in measuring the effectiveness of our online properties (organic and paid traffic, trials and sales activities).
- Review referral traffic and free-trial signups for quality
- Analyze marketing and sales data to develop insights and make recommendations on areas for optimization.
- Evaluate new technologies and add-on applications to improve and optimize marketing team performance.
- Minimum of 5-years of proven working experience in digital marketing (B2B SaaS environment or related agency experience preferred)
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Outstanding problem solving skills. You look at every problem and dig deep for insights/solutions.
- Advanced expertise in Excel required; SQL a strong plus
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Experience with marketing automation systems, customer segmentation and personalization strategies
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Experience with mobile marketing tools, marketing automation, Google Adwords and Google Analytics
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with very strong understanding of web analytics, marketing analytics and ROI attribution
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing, measurement and business intelligence
- Results orientation with a bias towards action
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, adaptable startup environment
Perks & Benefits
- Full health benefits, commuter benefits and 401k
- Support and funding for professional development
- Weekly team lunches, daily camaraderie
- Modern, welcoming work environment with a mix of quieter and higher energy areas
- Customizable workstations (large displays, adjustable standing desks)
- Downtown SF location, 5 mins walk from Montgomery BART and ~15 minutes from Caltrain