At Cerego, we’re building a leading technology company and changing the way people learn. We make software that enables institutions and organizations to create personalized learning and training experiences that help people learn more efficiently and quantify what they know We have a wide range of clients, from leading publishers (including Cengage, Elsevier, McGraw-Hill) to online course providers (such as edX) to innovative academic institutions (like ASU and NYU), small and medium- sized businesses, and technology companies.
The Infrastructure team builds the foundation we need to support our web and mobile applications, as well as our robust API.
We're looking for an Infrastructure Engineering Generalist to build and operate software to make Cerego secure, scalable and fast. You will work on deploying and operating existing systems, and building new ones for problems that are unique to our problem space.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Implement tooling and automation for scaling, monitoring and alerting
- Streamline development environments and continuous integration
- Participate in the on-call rotation, investigate and resolve production problems
- Experience developing best practices to build out and maintain secure infrastructure, CI systems
- 2-3 years hands-on experience with Cloud platforms such as AWS (Cloudformation, VPC, etc.)
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Saltstack, etc. (strong preference for Chef)
- Deep understanding of Linux (we use Ubuntu, but that’s not essential)
- Scripting (e.g. shell scripting, Python, Ruby)
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with security standards
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- You must be able to work at our downtown San Francisco office
- Full health benefits (e.g. medical, dental, and vision insurance)
- Healthy work / life balance
- Commuter benefits
- Customizable workstations (e.g. Apple laptops, large displays, adjustable standing desks)
- Convenient location, 5 minute walk from Montgomery Bart