At Cerego, we’re building a technology company to change the way people learn. We make software that enables institutions and organizations to create personalized learning and training experiences that help people learn more efficiently and quantify what they know. We have a wide range of clients, from publishers (including Cengage, Elsevier, McGraw-Hill) to online course providers (such as edX) to innovative academic institutions (like ASU and NYU), small and medium- sized businesses, and technology companies.
We are looking for a mid to senior-level Android engineer to help us further improve our Android apps. You will be joining as our second Android engineer. Our Android app is written mostly in Java, but new development has been in Kotlin in the last year. Hundreds of publishers, educational institutions of higher learning, and companies depend on our mobile apps to improve learning outcomes for their students and staff.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Android development in Kotlin and Java
- Feature implementation and follow-through
- Pairing and collaborating on software development
- Supporting a cooperative, team-oriented and inclusive engineering culture
Required skills and experience:
- 2+ years of professional Android app development experience
- Familiarity with common best-practice software design fundamentals (object oriented programming, proper data structure usage, etc.)
- Java, Kotlin, XML layouts, comfort with scripting languages a plus
- Excellent communication skills
Desired skills and experience:
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Experience collaborating on developing professional mobile applications
- Ability to take initiative and manage upwards
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- You must be able to work at our downtown San Francisco office
- Full health benefits (e.g. medical, dental, and vision insurance)
- Healthy work / life balance
- Commuter benefits
- Customizable workstations (e.g. Apple laptops, large displays, adjustable standing desks)
- Convenient location, 5 minute walk from Montgomery BART
Cerego is working to diversify our staff. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply and appreciate you circulating this through your networks.