Senior Marketing Manager
The Marketing Manager role represents a fantastic, ground-up opportunity to help change how the world learns. Cerego measures and improves how people learn. We’ve partnered with over 500+ partners, from leading publishers (including Cengage, Elsevier, McGraw-Hill) to 1000s of academic institutions, media agencies, corporate businesses, and the government. We’re currently in high-growth, expansion mode and looking to build out the marketing team. This is an exciting opportunity to be on the ground floor of creating this role and building the marketing function at Cerego. The position will report to the VP of Marketing.
You: You’re a person that wants to make a difference and work with a leading team to make a visible impact with the work you do. You’re a “big picture” thinker and an equally strong “doer” that is versatile with hands-on implementation. You have the analytical sense to ask the right questions, look at the right data points, and structure your thinking to find solutions to problems. You have the experience working for a great brand. You have a can-do attitude and a track record of driving results in a lean, fast-paced culture. You want to work with others who will change the world with you.
- Manage and drive marketing projects, timelines, budgets, and deliverables.
- Lead social media and influencer programs to grow our brand, drive education and engagement and build brand affinity.
- Collaborate in integrated marketing campaigns and content marketing deliverables.
- Develop partnerships with like-minded companies. Create ‘win-win’ collaborations that acquire new customers and leave partners wanting more.
- Support sales efforts and marketing event coordination
- Serve as the voice of the consumer to ensure initiatives are rooted in consumer insights.
- Accountable for all content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, engagement, leads, that deliver sales and customer retention.
- Collaborates across functions and silos to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to met the business objectives at the lowest possible cost
- This role requires a brand publisher mindset: the create the content our audience is looking for and then to optimize the path to conversion
- Editorial requirements include basic SEO understanding, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution and measurement. Development of editorial governance so content is consistent with our brand voice, style and tone.
- Editorial calendar and organization workflows must be developed and managed.
- Channel management of digital content hubs and all supporting social channels including email / newsletter distribution. This person must understand the basic best practices of the main social media channels, which content and approaches work on each and why
- Measurement and optimization of the program will be required on a regular and ongoing basis
- Management of all creative resources including designers, writers, and other agency personnel
- Integration of content programs with brand campaigns to drive brand to demand.
Our ideal candidate has:
- ~5 years of brand/product management experience in consumer marketing role
- Results orientation with a bias towards action
- Strong quantitative analytical ability and attention to detail
- Proven ability to successfully multi-task and prioritize several projects while meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated success across a broad spectrum of marketing activities (campaigns, product launches, promotions)
- Effective oral and written communication skills; comfortable presenting to large & small groups
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
Perks & Benefits
- Full health benefits, commuter benefits and 401k
- Support and funding for professional development
- Weekly team lunches, daily camaraderie
- Modern, welcoming work environment with a mix of quieter and higher energy areas
- Customizable workstations (large displays, adjustable standing desks)
- Downtown SF location, 5 mins walk from Montgomery BART and ~15 minutes from Caltrain